Permatex High Temp Thread Sealant (6ml)
Permatex’s High Temperature Thread Sealant locks and seals threaded fittings. Resists leakage, vibration loosening, moisture, hydraulic fluids and diesel fuels. This high-temperature thread sealant lubricates threads for easy assembly and disassembly. Won’t shred or wear like Teflon tape. Parts may be repositioned up to 4 hours after application. Temperature range -65°F to 400°F (-54°C to 204°C). Contains PTFE.
- Locks and seals threaded fittings
- Resists leakage, vibration loosening, moisture, hydraulic fluids and diesel fuels
- Lubricates threads for easy assembly and disassembly
- Won't shred or wear
- Parts may be repositioned up to 4 hours after application
- Fuel fittings
- Cylinder Head bolts into through holes
- Oil Pressure sending units and sensors
- Oil and coolant lines
- Rear axle fill plug
- Brake, and power steering fittings
- For best results, clean parts with Permatex Surface Prep® activator
- Knead tube of Thread Sealant to ensure no separation before use
- Apply sealant to leading threads of the male fitting, leaving the first thread free of sealant. Apply to only 3/4 of a thread turn. It's not necessary to apply to all threads.
- Assemble parts and tighten to recommended torque
- Refer to Technical Data Sheet for complete information
NOTE: Permatex Thread Sealant seals threaded metal fittings on hydraulic, pneumatic, fuel, and cooling systems. It is not recommended for plastics or rubber.